Sunday, October 9, 2011

good thing I got sick.


ironic, right? who in their right mind blesses the day they fell ill with a head-cold? I do. I've discovered so many wonderful things through my sickness. sitting in my room for the past 36 hours made me very aware of a few things.

1. getting smacked across the face by a wake up call isn't always very fun. but sometimes, if a lifestyle needs tweaking, an incapacitating cold might be necessary to point that out.

2. certain people are strategically placed for a reason. sometimes it's best to simply sit back and be grateful for dear friends. and if it brings tears, let the tears come.

3. God's power on Earth is real. He desires to bless His children if they will only allow Him to reach into their lives.

4. there is no one more special than a mommy. she knows precisely what to say and how to take care of her children.

I know that I know how to take care of my body. I just have to step up and do it.
My friends are the best. They visit me, and play card games with me, and give me hugs despite the slight risk.
Thank goodness for the worthy men that hold the priesthood and utilize that power to bless my life.
I love my mommy and  I'm so grateful for her constant care, even one hundred miles away.

I'm just grateful. So grateful that someone who knows better than I do is watching out for me, always.


No comments:

Post a Comment