Tuesday, November 1, 2011

autumn

on campus
in golden leaves. round rain drops. bare trees. painted on butterfly wings. smeared in a blue, blue sky. rising from a steaming cup of cocoa. in the warmth of two hands intertwined. wrapped into a long scarf. pulled on with cozy boots.

ahhh! the enchanting air of October and November fills my heart! I'm convinced that magic lives in this time of year. that brisk wind coming out of the canyon wakes me up and nudges me to pull my scarf a little tighter. sometimes it bites my nose and I just have to laugh. and when that ray of sunshine comes down on my back it is ever more delightful because of the contrast. opposition in all things... I warm my hands with warm cocoa and I just feel so romantic.

I can't explain it. everything just makes me smile and I'm so grateful for it all! huge piles of leaves all over campus call to me - "kick us around, Megan! ...Megan come play. crunch it all under your feet. pick up a few pieces of fall and tack them to your bulletin board." so much color. everywhere! it's so fantastic. the mountains are simply covered with trees changing. curbs pile up with hundreds of leaves. and I just walk around grinning...all day long.


I just thought you ought to know how much I love autumn. beautiful.
American Fork Canyon colors

No comments:

Post a Comment