Friday, June 8, 2012

hearts

hearts are like brand new blobs of play-do.
I started with a very nice shade and it suited me quite well. some days it grows bigger and softer. other days it dries out a little. I try to take good care of it, though. and always put the lid back on, so my heart stays mold-able and smooth.


and sometimes, an opportunity comes to exchange a piece with someone else. and our shades compliment each other! and I can hold onto that soft piece or even fold it right in with my own. and the colors swirl together, and suddenly! joy of joys. my heart becomes a new color and a little bit of someone else becomes a part of me.



every once in a while, someone steals a piece of my heart. and that squishy mold-able piece is hardly mine anymore. it's yours.

but more often, I find myself breaking off a soft corner of my play-do and handing it over. sometimes I'll go months and months (perhaps even years...) not even remembering where I left that piece. and then, I'll come across it and, oh! you have my heart with you. you didn't even know it! I secretly slipped that soft piece into a pocket right next to yours and you--completely unaware. yet all this time, you've kept it warm. oh. how, nice.

and I don't want it back. I want you to pick it up and see it and know who it belongs to. and keep it. what would I do with it? my shade of play-do is quite different then it was the summer of my sophomore year. and so is yours; I can see it. but I think our colors would be nice together and so you should keep it. what would I do with it anyway?



No comments:

Post a Comment