Sunday, June 24, 2012

people

do you know how many children God has?

neither do I.
I read one speculation that over 100,000,000,000 people have lived on earth. and who's to say how much longer this earth will continue to be the homes of mortals, gaining their first estate.


that's a lot of kids.


but you know, somehow, He has unconditional love for each and every one. no matter where we live, what we do, or who we are. He loves us. isn't that great to know? I'm no exception. even as one of about seven billion people alive right now, I know He loves me. and everybody else too. He loves you. the way you spend your time with your brother. or the plans you have to make the world a better place. He smiles when you do something good for someone else, and reaches out His hand to lift you when you mess up. He is proud of the things you've accomplished, and He hopes you'll go to Him when you want to do even more.





so why does it get so difficult to accept the small slice of His children he sends for me to meet? sometimes, I meet people who are different than me and it's hard to see beyond those boundaries despite the truth that what really matters is that we're both children of the Most High. isn't that what matters? and everybody is going to be unique because we're specially created to be individual. if not so the world would be awfully boring and no one would ever learn anything new. and if all we ever did was spend time with people who look and act just like us, how could we learn about ourselves? 


every experience with someone new is valuable because they have something to teach me. I can't afford to waste those opportunities by shutting my eyes and turning around when I am asked to poke my head out of my comfort zone. because what really matters is that we're all His kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment